Nexus problem with expansions

Westy

Hi peeps

I've got some expansions for Nexus and when I try to import them by hitting sys> 'import exp' it keeps giving me the error message: 'The expansion is incomplete. Please re-download using a download manager'

I've tried moving some files around but nothing works.

I've got all the demo content from the refx site as far as I know. There's a folder: samples/ROM with about 1.46 gb of nxs files so what are they for? Are they the samples from the expansions?

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

no fuckin idea mate, but while we're on the subject of nexus problems some expansion packs won't let me load any presets, logic just hangs and i have to force quit

a bit of a pain, but i'm gonna wait until i can 'get my hands on' nexus2.0, currently running 1.2 i think

ok Isorted it, it was bad exp files, I've other ones working fine now. I don't know what the problem is with yours though mate.

I want to add that I'm rating Nexus as the most impressive and powerful vst synth I've used. Some of the expansions seriously kick ass, the leads are razor and what they've done with the SQ's is great is'nt it, it plays a kick and bass loop and when you change key only the bass note changes and the kick stays the same pitch, how did they do that? great stuff.

[quote name='Tren' post='904086' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:24 PM']I think the synths on nexus are pretty crap really. They just have that typical kinda refx sound like vanguard had. There's some amazing stuff in other areas of it mind.[/quote]

guessin you mean the leads? i agree to an extent, although with both of them you can generally beat them into sounding decent with enough tweaking/layering

isn't nexus essentially just a sample-bank though? like atmosphere. i haven't checked out the custom sets for it yet but would imagine they wouldn't be limited to 'that typical kinda refx sound'

[quote name='rj' post='904088' date='Jan 17 2009, 12:34 PM']guessin you mean the leads? i agree to an extent, although with both of them you can generally beat them into sounding decent with enough tweaking/layering
isn't nexus essentially just a sample-bank though? like atmosphere. i haven't checked out the custom sets for it yet but would imagine they wouldn't be limited to 'that typical kinda refx sound'[/quote]

Yeah, mainly just the typical saw leads even when tweaked don't seem to sound as good as other vsts.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Fear Force' post='904157' date='Jan 18 2009, 03:52 PM']yea nexus is alright for certain things but it usually always just sounds like nexus, def not the best synth out there, far from it[/quote]

hmm, interesting to see you in a producer thread. :chin

I'm sure there are plenty but this is the first one I noticed, a come back planned?